Berg Chilling Systems Inc.’s indoor air cooled industrial chillers are designed for applications in process cooling where it is desirable to convert the heat from molds, rolls, etc. into hot air to provide facility heat. This type of waste heat recovery unit, also known as heat recyclers, provide supplemental heating for a plant in the winter and ventilation during summer. This is achieved by changing the damper settings in the ductwork.
Air Cooled Chiller Refrigeration Systems
These air cooled chiller models are recommended for applications with clean air and supplemental heat requirements.
The indoor air cooled refrigeration unit is part of Berg Chilling Systems Inc.’s complete line of heat reclaim chiller systems. These are used in conjunction with a Berg Pump Tank Assembly to create a complete central chilled air cooled System.
This system reclaims waste energy to heat the plant during the winter months and provides superb ventilation during the summer months.
Berg’s industrial indoor chillers incorporate high air flow to eliminate many of the problems associated with air stratification. All components are configured on the frame for easy maintenance and simple start-up.
Air Cooled Chiller Highlights
- Compressor (hp) 20 – 120 or more
- Cooling capacity (Refrigeration tons) 15 to 300 or more
- Heating (BTU/hr) 270k – 846k
Semi Hermetic Compressor (ACS)
- Suction gas cooled motor
- Suction and discharge stop valve
- Step capacity control
- Crankcase heater with current sensing relay
- Suction and discharge pressure transmitter
- High pressure switch
- Hot gas capacity control
- Forced feed oil lubrication system discharge and suction service valves
- Spring mounted to chiller main frame
- High efficiency copper brazed stainless steel plate construction
- designed and constructed in accordance with ASME code
- High efficiency shell and tube construction
- Carbon steel shell (water side)
- Copper tube with inner fin (refrigerant side)
- Vessel designed and constructed in accordance with ASME code
*other materials of are construction available upon request
Central Thermostat Control System
This system is used to control chiller units in a multiple central chilling system.
- Frame Manufactured from heavy gauge structured steel tube with welded construction.
Tested under load conditions prior to shipment
All safety controls are factory set and checked
- Freeze-up controls
- High and low refrigerant pressure controls
- Compressor motor overload protection
- Oil pressure safety control
- Refrigerant pressure relief valve
- 460 / 575 / 230 / 380 Volts 60 / 50 Hz
- 120 / 240 Volt single phase control voltage
- Microprocessor controller
- Operating and fail lights
- UL or CSA approved components
Central Control Electrical Panel
A custom electrical control panel allows one point hookup and may include:
- HMI (Human Interface Device) touchscreens
- PLC (Programmable Logic Control)
- SCADA (Supervisory Control And Data Acquisition) Communication Systems
- 24/7 alarm reporting to beepers or cell phones
All pump starters, fuses, disconnect, control voltage transformer, run and fail lights, are housed in a common NEMA rated panel.
Air Cooled Outdoor or Indoor Remote Condenser or Blower
- Heavy construction while maintaining maximum heat transfer
- Seamless copper tubing
- Aluminum fins
- Permanent metal-to-metal contact
- Dynamically balanced centrifugal blowers
- Blowers are belt-driven by an open, drip proof motor