Berg Chilling Systems Inc.’s experience in meeting specific solutions for our land-based customers has lent itself very well to the marine side of our business. Whether your marine refrigeration application is vessel domestic refrigeration (cold store or freezer) or fish hold (requiring RSW, ice retardant, brine chilling) or specific processing equipment, Berg’s experience will help deliver a solution. Throughout the years, Berg has been an internationally regarded and specified Marine HVAC and specialized marine chiller (sonar room, weapons hold) design and supplier.
Berg has provided marine refrigeration sytems to shipyards, fishing vessels, coast guard, military vessels and oil rigs of all sorts, world-wide. Our capabilities include seawater-cooled packages for HVAC, complete with standby capabilities, to outdoor chillers for on-board application.
Codes and Regulations
Berg Marine Refrigeration Units are designed and built to meet or exceed the following underwriters’ regulations:
- Lloyds of London
- American Bureau of Shipping
- Bureau of Veritas of France
- Canadian Coast Guard
- U.S. Coast Guard
- Canadian Steamship Inspection
- 460 / 575 / 230 / 380 Volts 60 / 50 Hz
- 120 / 240 Volt single phase control voltage
- Microprocessor controller
- Operating and fail lights
- UL or CSA approved components
Central Thermostat Control System
This system is used to control chiller units in a multiple central chilling system. The temperature controller is located at the Berg tank and senses the process water temperature. The process water temperature is maintained by cycling the chiller units.
Tested under load conditions prior to shipment
All safety controls are factory set and checked
- Freeze-up controls
- High and low refrigerant pressure controls
- Compressor motor overload protection
- Tank low-level cutout (glycol units)
- Oil pressure safety control
- Refrigerant pressure relief valve
Central Control Electrical Panel
A custom electrical control panel allows one point hookup and may include:
- HMI (Human Interface Device) touchscreens
- PLC (Programmable Logic Control)
- SCADA (Supervisory Control And Data Acquisition) Communication Systems
- 24/7 alarm reporting to beepers or cell phones
All pump starters, fuses, disconnect, control voltage transformer, run and fail lights, are housed in a common NEMA rated panel.
Water Cooled Marine Refrigeration Chillers
Marine Refrigeration Chillers
Marine Condensing Chillers
Berg Chilling Systems Inc. Engineering Cold is the Big Idea.
Berg Chilling Solutions Capabilities Overview
Marine Refrigeration System Solutions Brochure