Features & Benefits
Berg Chilling Systems Inc. offers complete flexibility in pumping assembly designs from dimensions to capacity for any industrial application. Reservoirs are available in mild steel, stainless steel, plastic all mounted on a structural steel base with banding for additional long term structural support. Single pump systems to multiple pumps complete with a magnitude of options such as headers, detached pumping skids for ease of shipment and installation.
- Central control panels – PLC controlled
- Fully valved headers
- Variable frequency drives
- Mounted auxiliaries – chemical treatment, filters, etc.
- Expansion/closed mix tanks for compete closed circuit systems
Multiple pumps configured on a double-ended tank set or modular detachable pumping for shipping larger tanks
A Berg double pump tank system incorporates multiple pumps with a baffled holding tank.
The chiller pump (usually the smaller one) circulates water / glycol from the hot side of the tank to the chiller module(s) and back to the cold side of the tank. This pump ensures constant flow and pressure required by the cooling tower(s) for maximum efficiency.
The process pump (usually the larger one) circulates the chilled water from the cold side of the tank to the process machines and other users. This pump is designed to match both flow and pressure required by the varying process load without affecting the cooling tower operation.
- Threaded overflow connection
- Bottom drain lines with shut-off valve
- Water line make-up assembly complete with float and shut-off valves
- Tank thermometer
- 460 / 575 / 230 / 380 Volts 60 / 50 Hz
- 120 volt single phase control voltage
- Microprocessor controller
- Operating and fail lights
- UL or CSA approved components
- Frame Manufactured from heavy gauge structured steel tube with welded construction.
- Tank Models manufactured from heavy gauge stainless steel.
- Tank Cover Manufactured from stainless steel and supplied in sections for ease of removal and access (Covers are optional).
- ALL tanks have baffled compartments if required.
- Make-up float valve.
- Tanks are structurally supported around top and sides as required.
Cooling Tower Pump / Recirculation Pump / Process Pump / Stand-by Pump
- Suction shut-off valve
- Discharge check valve
- Discharge flow control / shut-off valve
- Discharge pressure gauge.
- Fittings adequately sized for maximum flow
Standard Units 3/4 to 150 hp
Flow Rates from 50 to 8000 US gpm or more
All pump starters are panel mounted on the side of tank or remote panel and are pre-wired to the pump motors. Starters can be controlled with manual stop / start switches and indicator lights or HMI (Human Machine Interface) type Logic Controller. Motor circuits are protected with premium quality overload protection.
Double Y-Strainer and Pressure Alarm
Berg’s unique system gives complete protection to water circulation equipment with absolutely no down-time. When water pressure across strainer drops to a selected critical level, the alarm and light are actuated. By manually switching to a secondary filter line, the original filter or strainer may be cleaned while maintaining circulation.
Central Control Electrical Panel
A custom electrical control panel allows one point hookup and may include;
- HMI (human interface device) touchscreens
- PLC (Programmable Logic Control)
- SCADA (Supervisory Control And Data Acquisition) Communication Systems
- 24/7 alarm reporting to beepers or cell phones
All pump starters, fuses, disconnect, control voltage transformer, run and fail lights, are housed in a common NEMA rated panel.
Berg offers complete flexibility in pump / tank assembly designs to customize both dimensions and capacity for any industrial application. Reservoirs are available in mild and stainless steel, mounted on a heavy structural steel base, and have steel banding for additional structural support for the reservoir.
Pumps can be single-end mounted or dual-end mounted. Single pumps to multiple pumps complete with pipe headers are available. For large pump / tank Assemblies, the pump assembly can be designed to be separate from the reservoir for installation and shipping constraints.