Berg Chilling Systems designs, manufactures, installs and services custom industrial thermal process control systems for a broad range of industries and specialized applications around the world. For more than 45 years, Berg continues to satisfy customers with 5,000 chilling systems in more than 30 industries across 50 countries.
From our Toronto based facility, we design, manufacture, test and integrate skid-mounted process refrigeration equipment, mechanical packages, and fluid pumping systems.
We currently have a permanent opportunity at our Toronto, ON head office and manufacturing facility for an Ammonia Engineer, reporting directly to the Sales Manager (Ammonia).
- Engineering and planning of ammonia projects in various industries
- Confirm component selections to meet customer’s design parameters
- Prepare flow diagrams, system layouts, project drawings based on dimensional, job site, and customer requirements
- Daily interaction with sales and manufacturing personnel
- Assist with designing projects during the quoting stages
- Collaborate with manufacturing and service personnel to eliminate errors, rework, and warranty issues
- Accountable for error-free, on-budget, and on-time delivery of assigned projects
- Manage projects in progress
- Quality check other designs as assigned
Experience & Qualifications:
- University degree in Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of 5 years of experience
- Industrial refrigeration experience with an emphasis on ammonia
- Prior experience in dealing with ammonia refrigeration is required
- Excellent working knowledge of drafting and design software with a minimum of 3 years of experience
- Working knowledge of ASME 31.3 and 31.5 is an asset.
- Strong planning, decision making, and communication skills.
- Excellent project management and scheduling skills is a must.
If you want to contribute to the success of a growth-focused company and a team player that thrives on challenges in a fun, fast-paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Ammonia Engineer Position.”