Berg Chilling Systems has an immediate opening for a licensed Journeyman Refrigeration Mechanic, based out of our Edmonton, Alberta office. This is a permanent, full-time position reporting to our Western Canada Branch Manager. The successful candidate will also work closely with other members of the service group, our engineering department, and our sales engineers.
If you are entrepreneurial, want to contribute to the success of a growth focused company, and a team player that thrives on challenges in a fun, fast paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
Experience & Qualifications
- 4th year apprentice or Red Seal Journeyman Refrigeration Mechanic
- Electrical, plumbing, welding/fitting is an asset
- Freon refrigeration experience is required
- Ammonia refrigeration experience is an asset
- Strong electrical and electronics knowledge is an asset
- PLC knowledge is an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and a willingness to go the extra mile to satisfy our customers
Required Licenses or certifications
- Gas certification
- ODP certificate
- Valid license with a good driving record
- Working at Heights/Fall Protection
- ODM Training
We will provide you with
- Interesting and challenging work
- A company service vehicle
- The chance to work with seasoned professionals and supportive colleagues
- A strong commitment to employee safety and well-being
- A competitive compensation package
Berg Chilling Systems designs, manufacturers, installs and services custom industrial thermal process control systems for a broad range of industries and specialized applications around the world. For more than 45 years, Berg continues to satisfy customers with 5,000 chilling systems in more than 30 industries across 50 countries.
From our Toronto based facility, we design, manufacture, test and integrate skid mounted process refrigeration equipment, mechanical packages and fluid pumping systems using both natural and HFC refrigerants for ease of installation and commissioning.
Please send your resume to email@example.com
with the subject line “Refrigeration Mechanic Position”.
Thank you for your interest in Berg Chilling Systems, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.