Manufacturing Engineer Opening
Berg Chilling Systems designs, manufacturers, installs and services custom industrial thermal process control systems for a broad range of industries and specialised applications around the world. For more than 45 years, Berg continues to satisfy customers with 5,000 chilling systems in more than 30 industries across 50 countries.
From our Toronto based facility, we design, manufacture, test and integrate skid mounted process refrigeration equipment, mechanical packages and fluid pumping systems using both natural and HFC refrigerants for ease of installation and commissioning.
We currently have a permanent opportunity for a Manufacturing Engineer, reporting to the Plant Manager.
The Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for scheduling projects in manufacturing to maintain deadlines. To achieve this, they will work with the Purchasing Manager and Engineering to ensure all required materials are ready for manufacturing. Also, this individual will assist the Plant Manager in ongoing process improvement and other related operations as required.
- Ensure compliance to the company ISO 9001:2015 quality requirements
- Attend regularly in production meetings to receive any needs from Plant Manager and other attendees, also to convey any necessary information that maybe useful for meeting attendees
- Schedule upcoming projects for the Manufacturing Department by ensuring raw materials and manufactured components are in stock
- Follow up with Manufacturing Lead Hands to ensure schedule is maintained
- Notify the Plant Manager when situations arise that threaten the set schedule
- Continuously review engineering drawings and manufacturing processes to identify opportunities for improvement
- Any other duties that may be assigned as needed
- Degree in engineering with 3 – 5 years experience in a manufacturing environment
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- Capability of working effectively both independently, as well as closely with engineers, and shop trades in a small team environment
- Excellent time management and leadership skills management the use of time and other resources to complete projects
- The ability to analyse, evaluate, and apply relevant information from a variety of sources
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Manufacturing Engineer Position.”