Berg Chilling Systems designs, manufacturers, installs and services custom industrial thermal process control systems for a broad range of industries and specialised applications around the world. For more than 45 years, Berg continues to satisfy customers with 5,000 chilling systems in more than 30 industries across 50 countries.
From our Toronto based facility, we design, manufacture, test and integrate skid mounted process refrigeration equipment, mechanical packages and fluid pumping systems using both natural and HFC refrigerants for ease of installation and commissioning.
Position Title: Mechanical Assembler
Primary Function: Performs mechanical assembly of equipment
Tools and Equipment: Hand tools, surface grinders, brazing torch, pump trucks, etc.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
Experience:At least one year of successful mechanical or electrical assembly
- Assembling custom equipment using hand tools under minimum direction from the Supervisor
- Correctly interprets assembly drawings and piping and instrumentation diagrams as applicable
- Effectively sets up workstation and assembles to make acceptable product within expected times while minimizing scrap and rework.
- Effectively inspects finished assemblies visually and can identify non-conformances
- Completes Work Order within expected periods of time
- Communicates well with colleagues and the Supervisor
- Works safely avoiding lost time injuries
- Has minimum absenteeism and is punctual
- Completes shop records and time cards accurately, completely, and on time
- Performs other work as assigned by the Supervisor
- Clean shop
- New equipment/machines
- Proper ventilation
- Early work hours to beat the traffic and summer hours to beat the heat
- Upbeat and challenging work environment
- Opportunity to grow
- BBQ’s in the summer
- Medical and dental benefits and more
The salary and benefit package will be commensurate with experience.
Job Type: Full-time