Berg Chilling Systems designs, manufacturers, installs and services custom industrial thermal process control systems for a broad range of industries and specialised applications around the world. For more than 45 years, Berg continues to satisfy customers with 5,000 chilling systems in more than 30 industries across 50 countries.
From our Toronto based facility, we design, manufacture, test and integrate skid mounted process refrigeration equipment, mechanical packages and fluid pumping systems using both natural and HFC refrigerants for ease of installation and commissioning.
Position Title: Pipe Fitter
Primary Function: Fabricates and installs complex sub assemblies
Tools and Equipment: Oxyacetylene, MIG equipment for fitting and tacking pipe, drill press, surface grinders, pipe beveling, pipe threading, hand tools, 1 tonne crane
Education: College diploma in metal fabrication or equivalent. Knowledge of pipe fitting. Eligible to be certified with CWB MIG Flat.
Experience: Possesses at least 1 year of successful experience in the pipefitting or steam fitting industry.
- Ability to read blueprints and work safely performing job duties
- Operating accessory equipment for pipe fitting (pipe beveling, pipe threading, pipe cutting, torch or plasma cutter, drill press)
- Works under minimum technical direction from the Welding Supervisor
- Performs complicated and diverse work
- Reads drawings and understands dimensions and measurements
- MIG welds / fabricates / inspects work in accordance with drawing specs
- Follows instruction and works efficiently
- Understands how to do the layout, fabrication and design
- Efficient flange layout minimizes scrap and rework
- Handles medium to heavy materials intermittently using crane
- Completes work within expected periods of time
- Communicates well with colleagues and Welding Supervisor
- Low absenteeism and is punctual
- Completes shop records and time cards accurately, completely, and on time
- Performs other work as assigned by the Welding Supervisor
- Clean shop
- New equipment/machines
- Proper ventilation
- Early work hours to beat the traffic and summer hours to beat the heat
- Upbeat and challenging work environment
- Opportunity to grow
- BBQ’s in the summer
- Medical and dental benefits and more
The salary and benefit package will be commensurate with experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Pipe Welder/Fitter Opening – Toronto.”