Berg Chilling Systems has an immediate opening for a PLC Programmer based out of our Toronto, Ontario headquarters. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, this role is responsible for the design, maintenance, testing, troubleshooting, repair, and support of Programmable Logic Controllers used in manufacturing at Berg Chilling Systems. The PLC Programmer maintains communication with clients and contractors to coordinate placement of electrical components and responds to any inquiries as needed.
If you are entrepreneurial, want to contribute to the success of a growth-focused company, and a team player that thrives on challenges in a fun, fast-paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
- Designs and programs PLCs and HMIs.
- Updates and maintains standard programs.
- Prepares Control Manuals for the different jobs performed.
- Job commissioning – interfaces components, fixes any issues, conducts testing for large systems.
- Troubleshoots and resolves control issues both internally and externally.
- Keeping abreast of changes to regulations to ensure adherence at all times.
- Prepares technical memos.
- Maintains communication with key stakeholders, including clients, consultants, vendors and project managers to develop, coordinate and schedule project design and implementation.
- Provides technical support for customers, service mechanics, sales.
- Communicates regularly with vendors.
- Actively participates in sales meetings with to collect specs details from clients and provides technical PLCs expertise.
- Develops programming standards and guidelines.
- Troubleshoots programs that have been created by others on the team.
- Provides learning opportunities to more junior counterparts on the team.
- Trains and coaches junior team members and provides constructive feedback to assist in their professional growth.
- Rockwell, RSLogix5000
- Rockwell, Factory Talk View Studio
- Schneider, SoMachine HVAC
- Schneider, Unity Pro
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Minimum of 2-3 years of similar experience
- Minimum Post-Secondary education in Electrical or controls/Engineering required
- General knowledge of Electrical Code
- Proficient with drawing experience, AutoCAD, MS Office, and Adobe Acrobat
- Overall general computer knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple competing priorities while under pressure
- High attention to detail
- Works well independently and as part of a team
- High adaptability to incorporate and implement new procedures
- Familiarity working with at least one or some PLCs (Allen Bradley different models, Schneider different models, Siemens)
- Ability to read programs and follow logic
- Able to read and follow P&Is
- Create BOMs
- Quick learner - ability and willingness to learn since the changes in technology are impacting system design
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Flexibility to switch from one task to another at a moment’s notice
If interested for the PLC Programmer position, please apply directly here.
Thank you for your interest in Berg Chilling Systems, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Berg Chilling Systems, we welcome diversity and the synergy stemming from all perspectives as a result of different backgrounds and experiences. We provide respect and equal employment opportunities for all Company individuals and applicants for positions regardless of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, record of offences, marital status, same-sex partnership status, family status and disability.