Berg Chilling Systems designs, manufactures, installs, and services custom industrial thermal process control systems for a broad range of industries and specialized applications around the world. For more than 45 years, Berg continues to satisfy customers with 5,000 chilling systems in more than 30 industries across 50 countries.
Sales and Operations Development Program
The Sales and Operations Development Program is an immersive 12-to-18-month rotational program designed to develop future Sales Engineers and Operations team members to meet Berg's dynamic needs. The program aims to create a path to accelerate your career growth by providing valuable on-the-job experience through the Berg School of Cool and mentorship from our in-house industrial refrigeration experts. Upon successful completion of the program, the candidates will be assigned to either Sales or Operations based on their interest and company needs.
Inside Sales Rotation
- Develop an understanding of Berg’s quoting methods and costing process by generating cost estimates and proposal documents for branch divisions. This includes major component selection/optimizations, obtaining pricing and performance from vendors, completing material estimates, and drafting proposal documents based on the equipment and services being provided.
- Learn the principles and applications of thermal process control and industrial refrigeration. through exposure to process cooling needs and solutions across a wide variety of industries.
- Develop a base of knowledge of natural and synthetic refrigerants, their strengths and limitations, and their best suited applications.
- Work with vendors and vendor selection software to develop technical details for proposals.
- Prepare sales order packages and develop an understanding of Berg’s order entry process.
- Support and shadow senior salespeople, including going on site visits, system sizing and costing, and engaging in client communications.
- Secondary roles include the development and maintenance of project tracking tools, cost estimating tools, and other products to assist the sales process.
- Manage and maintain customer project information in Berg's CRM system.
- Learn Berg’s engineering process from purchase order to shipping.
- Select refrigeration components to meet specifications using software tools.
- Create and edit manufacturing drawings in 2D and 3D CAD.
- Contribute to mechanical designs of Berg products and solutions.
- Produce technical documentation to support Berg packaged equipment.
- Assist senior engineers with the design of larger projects.
- Develop an understanding of Berg’s ISO 9001 processes
- Gain valuable project management experience by liaising between the engineering and production departments.
- Participate in meetings as required.
Skills and Qualifications
- University degree in Chemical, Mechanical, or Mechatronics Engineering from a Canadian university.
- 1-2 years of Canadian work experience. University co-op experience will be considered.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, SolidWorks, or similar 3D modelling software.
- Strong communication skills - able to communicate effectively to all levels of internal and external contacts, both verbally, in writing, and through drawings.
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and vendors.
- Excellent collaboration, organization, time management, customer service, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work accurately and meet deadlines with frequent interruptions.
- Able to work and thrive in a team environment focused on achieving results.
- Self starter, able to prioritize multiple projects with multiple competing deadlines.
- Flexible and nimble to changing priorities.
- Must have proper work authorization.
- Must be in the greater Toronto area.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
If you are interested in applying for this program, please apply through this link.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Berg Chilling Systems, we welcome diversity and the synergy stemming from all perspectives as a result of different backgrounds and experiences. We provide respect and equal employment opportunities for all Company individuals and applicants for positions regardless of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, record of offences, marital status, same-sex partnership status, family status and disability.