Berg Chilling Systems designs, manufacturers, installs and services custom industrial thermal process control systems for a broad range of industries and specialised applications around the world. For more than 45 years, Berg continues to satisfy customers with 5,000 chilling systems in more than 30 industries across 50 countries.
From our Toronto based facility, we design, manufacture, test and integrate skid mounted process refrigeration equipment, mechanical packages and fluid pumping systems using both natural and HFC refrigerants for ease of installation and commissioning.
We currently have a permanent opportunity for a Sales Engineer with experience in ammonia refrigeration, reporting to the Sales Manager. Berg sales engineers win business by working collaboratively with clients to develop custom engineered refrigeration solutions that meet their technical, financial and environmental priorities. This position is in our Toronto, ON head office and manufacturing facility.
If you are entrepreneurial, want to contribute to the success of a growth focused company, and a team player that thrives on challenges in a fun, fast paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
- Establish and build relationships with targeted end users, engineering consultants, and suppliers.
- Identify and qualify opportunities in given sales territory and convert leads into sales
- Using the consultative sales process, develop a technical solution with related budget estimates by analyzing customer requirements
- Present a firm proposal that demonstrates all benefits and win the business
- Negotiate final pricing, delivery and commercial terms of the sale
- Manage and track sales funnel
- Remain as the commercial customer contact from project award to completion
- Maintain and increase level of understanding of industrial refrigeration knowledge base and ammonia refrigeration technologies
- Act as a technical resource by providing product education, assistance, and after sales support
- Willingness to travel up to 25% of time within North America
Experience & Qualifications:
- Industrial refrigeration capital project sales with an emphasis on natural refrigerants
- Market knowledge and established professional network in food & beverage and recreational ice sectors
- Prior experience in ammonia refrigeration is required
- Proven ability to win business and exceed sales targets
- Minimum 5 years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience would be considered
- Strong presentation, negotiation and networking skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects at a time
- Excellent problem solving skills with the aptitude to identify and recommend appropriate solutions for complex customer needs
- Mechanical engineering degree with license to practice in Ontario is an asset
- Proficient in MS Office
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Sales Engineer (Ammonia) Position.”