Berg Chilling Systems designs, manufactures, installs, and services custom industrial thermal process control systems for a broad range of industries and specialised applications around the world. For more than 45 years, Berg continues to satisfy customers with 5,000 chilling systems in more than 30 industries across 50 countries. From our Toronto based facility, we design, manufacture, test and integrate skid mounted process refrigeration equipment, mechanical packages and fluid pumping systems using both natural and HFC refrigerants for ease of installation and commissioning.
We currently have a permanent opportunity for a Sales Engineer, reporting to the Sales Manager. Berg Sales Engineers win business by working collaboratively with clients to develop custom engineered refrigeration solutions that meet their technical, financial, and environmental priorities. This position is in our Toronto, ON head office and manufacturing facility.
If you are entrepreneurial, want to contribute to the success of a growth focused company, and a team player that thrives on challenges in a fun, fast paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
- Establish and build relationships with targeted end users, engineering consultants, and suppliers
- Identify and qualify leads in given sales territory and convert opportunities into sales
- Use the consultative sales process to gather project information, analyze customer requirements, and complete a custom system design utilizing heat transfer, refrigeration, and fluid dynamics principles
- Prepare budget estimates, complete detailed costing, and quotations for the system and other items and services included in the project’s scope of supply
- Prepare final proposal and pitch the Berg solution to the client that demonstrates benefits to win the business
- Negotiate final pricing, delivery, and commercial terms of the sale
- Manage and track sales funnel and forecast in our CRM
- Remain primary commercial customer contact from project award to completion
- Maintain and increase level of understanding of industrial refrigeration knowledge base, HFC and ammonia refrigeration technologies
- Act as a technical resource by providing product education, assistance, and after sales support
- Willingness to travel up to 25% of time within North America
Experience & Qualifications:
- University degree in Chemical, Mechanical, or Mechatronics Engineering from a Canadian university
- 3-5 years of Canadian work experience. University co-op experience will be considered
- Strong presentation, negotiation, and networking skills
- Proven ability to win business and exceed sales targets
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects at a time
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and vendors
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the aptitude to identify and recommend appropriate solutions for complex customer needs
- Proficient in MS Office. Experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365 is an asset
- Must be authorized to work in Canada and be in the greater Toronto and Hamilton area (GTHA)
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line "Sales Engineer Position."