Berg Chilling Systems designs, manufactures, installs, and services custom industrial thermal process control systems for a broad range of industries and specialised applications around the world. For more than 45 years, Berg continues to satisfy customers with 5,000 chilling systems in more than 30 industries across 50 countries.
From our Toronto, Ontario, Canada, based facility, we design, manufacture, test and integrate skid-mounted process refrigeration equipment, mechanical packages and fluid pumping systems using both natural and HFC refrigerants for ease of installation and commissioning.
We currently have a permanent opportunity for an Applications and Sales associate, reporting to the Sales Manager. Berg wins business by working collaboratively with clients to develop custom-engineered refrigeration solutions that meet their technical, financial and environmental priorities.
This is a home-based position, ideally in the Raleigh-Durham area, but can be anywhere in the northeast region of the US.
If you are entrepreneurial, want to contribute to the success of a growth-focused company, and a team player that thrives on challenges in a fun, fast-paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
- Establish and build relationships with targeted end-users, engineering consultants, and suppliers.
- Identify and qualify opportunities in given sales territory and convert leads into sales
- Using the consultative sales process, develop a technical solution with related budget estimates by analyzing customer requirements
- Present a firm proposal that demonstrates all benefits and wins the business
- Negotiate final pricing, delivery and commercial terms of the sale
- Manage and track sales funnel
- Remain as the commercial customer contact from project award to completion
- Maintain and increase level of understanding of industrial refrigeration knowledge base, HFC and ammonia refrigeration technologies
- Act as a technical resource by providing product education, assistance, and after-sales support
- Willingness to travel up to 25% of the time within North America
Experience & Qualifications:
- Industrial refrigeration capital project sales with an emphasis on natural refrigerants
- Market knowledge and established professional network in food & beverage and recreational ice sectors
- Proven ability to win business and exceed sales targets
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience would be considered
- Strong presentation, negotiation, and networking skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects at a time
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the aptitude to identify and recommend appropriate solutions for complex customer needs
- Mechanical engineering degree
- Proficient in MS Office
Pursue a rewarding career in a results-oriented, performance-driven organization.
We will provide you with:
- Interesting and challenging work
- The chance to work with seasoned professionals and supportive colleagues
- A strong commitment to employee safety and well-being
- A competitive compensation package
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Sales Engineer Position.”