Berg Chilling Systems designs, manufacturers, installs and services custom industrial thermal process control systems for a broad range of industries and specialised applications around the world. For more than 45 years, Berg continues to satisfy customers with 5,000 chilling systems in more than 30 industries across 50 countries.
From our Toronto based facility, we design, manufacture, test and integrate skid mounted process refrigeration equipment, mechanical packages and fluid pumping systems using both natural and HFC refrigerants for ease of installation and commissioning.
POSITION TITLE: Mechanical Assembler
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Performing assembly of industrial equipment
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT: Drill press, pipe threader, brazing torch, pump trucks, various other hand tools.
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE: High School Diploma or equivalent.
EXPERIENCE: At least one year of mechanical assembly experience.
- Works under minimum direction from the Supervisor.
- Copper pipe fitting and brazing
- Insulating pipes, tanks, etc.
- Eligible for TSSA certification (brazing)
- Effective visual inspection of materials and components for damage and contamination
- Handles medium to heavy materials intermittently
- Correctly interprets assembly drawings and piping and instrumentation diagrams.
- Effective set up of workstation and assembles product while minimizing scrap and rework.
- Effective visual inspection of finished assemblies and can identify non-conformances.
- Completes work within expected periods of time.
- Communicates well with colleagues and the Supervisor.
- Works safely.
- Performs other work as assigned by the Supervisor.
- Experience in the refrigeration industry would be a benefit
Job Type: Full-time
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Mechanical Assembler Position.”