Berg Chilling Systems designs, manufacturers, installs and services custom industrial thermal process control systems for a broad range of industries and specialised applications around the world. For more than 45 years, Berg continues to satisfy customers with 5,000 chilling systems in more than 30 industries across 50 countries.
From our Toronto based facility, we design, manufacture, test and integrate skid mounted process refrigeration equipment, mechanical packages and fluid pumping systems using both natural and HFC refrigerants for ease of installation and commissioning.
Position Title: Metal Fabricator (Fitter) and Welder
Primary Function: To weld and fabricate complex sub-assemblies
Tools & Equipment: Oxyacetylene, MIG and TIG welding equipment, lift truck, machine shop equipment including: brake press, drill press, grinders, basic hand tools, micrometers, calipers, fillet weld gauge, V-WAC gauge, bridge cam gauge.
Education / Knowledge: Red Seal Journeyman Welder or Red Seal Journeyman Metal Fabricator will consider other trades (example CWB or TSSA Welder or Ironworker with shop experience and knowledge of metallurgy) CWB and TSSA.
Experience: Experience in the welding and metal fabrication industry.
- Ability to read blueprints and take direction while working safely and performing job duties
- Operating accessory equipment and performing tasks necessary for welding metal, such as fusing metal segments, using GTAW, and GMAW and GMAW Aluminum Push/Pull
- Preparing and setting up necessary tools and equipment for welding jobs such as gas metal arc and tungsten arc welding.
- Arranging and assuring the welded parts are in order before assembling into final product
- Follows instruction and works efficiently
- Understands how to do the math, lay out, fabrication and design (in and out of code) with the supplied rise and run for stairs and platforms
- Good with a torch, keeps the guard on a grinder, face shield, and ear plugs
- Efficient flange layout
- Examining the product to make sure it’s done as per drawings and specifications
- A clean and warm shop
- New equipment/machines
- Proper ventilation
- Early work hours to beat the traffic and earlier in the summer to beat the heat
- Upbeat and challenging work environment
- Opportunity to grow
- BBQ’s in the summer
- Medical and Dental Benefits and more
Job Type: Full-time
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Welder/Fitter Position.”