Berg Chilling Systems designs, manufacturers, installs and services custom industrial thermal process control systems for a broad range of industries and specialised applications around the world. For more than 45 years, Berg continues to satisfy customers with 5,000 chilling systems in more than 30 industries across 50 countries.
From our Toronto based facility, we design, manufacture, test and integrate skid mounted process refrigeration equipment, mechanical packages and fluid pumping systems using both natural and HFC refrigerants for ease of installation and commissioning.
Position Title: Welder / Fitter
Primary Function: To weld and fabricate complex sub-assemblies
Tools & Equipment: Oxyacetylene, MIG, TIG, and stick welding equipment, drill press, surface grinders, hand tools.
Education / Knowledge: Licensed Welder or equivalent with knowledge of metallurgy. Eligible to be certified with CWB or TSSA.
Experience: Possesses at least 5 years successful experience in the metal fabrication industry.
Must Have: Weld certificate welding in 6G position. Be able to setup own welding machine
- Performs work requiring broad welding and general trades knowledge
- Works under minimum technical direction from the Welding Supervisor
- Welding and fabricating parts in accordance with drawing specifications
- Inspects work effectively in accordance with drawing specifications
- Minimizes scrap and rework
- Handles medium to heavy materials intermittently
- Completes work within expected periods of time
- Communicates well with colleagues and Welding Supervisor
- Works safely
- Low absenteeism and is punctual
- Performs other work as assigned by the Welding Supervisor.
Job Type: Full-time
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Mechanical Assembler Position.”