March 19, 2020
The health and safety of our customers, partners, employees and their families continue to be Berg’s top priority. With growing concerns around COVID-19, we are closely following the instructions and guidelines issued by Canadian health authorities in order to do our part in stopping its spread. On this note, we would like to inform you that Berg is still operating on-site and in-shop to ensure that we are able to provide you with the quality products and services that you have come to expect from us.
To ensure your safety as well as the safety of our team, we have implemented the following precautionary measures in all our offices across the country:
- Any customer who wishes to visit any of our offices or shop is welcome, however, they need to successfully complete a safety questionnaire prior to entry. We are also able to arrange remote meetings and appointments through video or teleconference to eliminate in-person interaction.
- Effective immediately, air travel for business purposes has been stopped. We are also requiring our staff to disclose if they or any other persons in their household have travelled outside Canada in the past 15 days in order to respond accordingly. Any employees travelling out of the country are not allowed in our facilities and are required to self isolate and monitor themselves for symptoms for 14 days after their return regardless of the destination.
- Regular hand washing for our staff with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds or using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer. We are also advising everyone to avoid touching their eyes, nose, and mouth as hands can transfer the virus to these areas.
- Advising everyone to cough or sneeze into a tissue or their upper sleeve. We are also advising to maintain social distance of at least 2 metres between each other to avoid possible transmission. Everyone is also advised to avoid shaking hands.
- Enhancing cleaning protocols in all our locations such as regular cleaning and disinfecting of shared surfaces such as doorknobs, light switches, telephones, etc.
- Any employee diagnosed with COVID-19 or has been exposed to COVID-19 because of a family member must inform their manager immediately and remain in quarantine until they are cleared.
Again, we continue to monitor this situation closely and will provide ongoing updates as required. We also encourage everyone to follow the same precautions and stay up to date through the Health Canada website.
On behalf of the Berg Group of Companies we thank you for your cooperation.