Berg Chilling Systems has an immediate opening for a licensed Refrigeration Journeyman Mechanic, based out of Dartmouth, Nova Scotia. This is a permanent, full-time position reporting to our Maritimes Branch Manager.
If you are entrepreneurial, want to contribute to the success of a growth-focused company, and a team player that thrives on challenges in a fun, fast-paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
Experience & Qualifications
- 4th year apprentice or Red Seal Journeyman Refrigeration Mechanic
- Ammonia refrigeration experience is required
- Freon refrigeration experience is an asset
- Licensed Gas Technician is required
- Strong electrical and electronics knowledge is an asset
- PLC knowledge is an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and a willingness to go the extra mile to satisfy our customers
Required Licenses or certifications
- 313A Refrigeration Mechanic
- Valid Nova Scotia driver’s license
- Refrigeration operator class B
- Working at heights
- Lockout / Tagout
- Transportation of Dangerous goods
- A member of UA 56
We will provide you with
- Interesting and challenging work
- A company service vehicle
- The chance to work with seasoned professionals and supportive colleagues
- A strong commitment to employee safety and well-being
- A competitive compensation package including current Local UA wages
Berg Chilling Systems designs, manufactures, installs, and services custom industrial thermal process control systems for a broad range of industries and specialized applications around the world. For more than 45 years, Berg continues to satisfy customers with 5,000 chilling systems in more than 30 industries across 50 countries.
From our Toronto based facility, we design, manufacture, test and integrate skid-mounted process refrigeration equipment, mechanical packages and fluid pumping systems using both natural and HFC refrigerants for ease of installation and commissioning.
Please send your resume to email@example.com with the subject line “Refrigeration Mechanic Position”.
Thank you for your interest in Berg Chilling Systems, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.