Berg Chilling Systems has an immediate opening for a licensed Refrigeration Journeyman Mechanic, based out of Edmonton, Alberta. This is a permanent, full-time position reporting to our Midwest Branch Manager.
If you are entrepreneurial, want to contribute to the success of a growth-focused company, and a team player that thrives on challenges in a fun, fast-paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
Experience & Qualifications
- 4th year apprentice or Red Seal Journeyman Refrigeration Mechanic
- Ammonia refrigeration experience is required
- Freon refrigeration experience is an asset
- Licensed Gas Technician is required
- Strong electrical and electronics knowledge is an asset
- DDC / PLC knowledge is an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and a willingness to go the extra mile to satisfy our customers
Required Licenses or certifications
- 313A Refrigeration Mechanic
- Valid Alberta driver’s license
- Clean driving abstract
- Refrigeration operator class B
- Working at heights
- Working in confined spaces
- Lockout / Tagout
- Transportation of Dangerous goods
We will provide you with
- Interesting and challenging work
- A company service vehicle
- The chance to work with seasoned professionals and supportive colleagues
- A strong commitment to employee safety and well-being
- A competitive compensation package
Berg Chilling Systems designs, manufactures, installs, and services custom industrial thermal process control systems for a broad range of industries and specialized applications around the world. For more than 45 years, Berg continues to satisfy customers with 5,000 chilling systems in more than 30 industries across 50 countries.
From our Toronto based facility, we design, manufacture, test and integrate skid-mounted process refrigeration equipment, mechanical packages and fluid pumping systems using both natural and HFC refrigerants for ease of installation and commissioning.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Refrigeration Mechanic Position”.
Thank you for your interest in Berg Chilling Systems, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
At Berg Chilling Systems, we welcome diversity and the synergy stemming from all perspectives as a result of different backgrounds and experiences. We provide respect and equal employment opportunities for all Company individuals and applicants for positions regardless of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, record of offences, marital status, same-sex partnership status, family status and disability.