Berg Chilling Systems designs, manufactures, installs, and services custom industrial thermal process control systems for a broad range of industries and specialised applications around the world. For more than 45 years, Berg continues to satisfy customers with 5,000 chilling systems in more than 30 industries across 50 countries.
From our Toronto based facility, we design, manufacture, test and integrate skid mounted process refrigeration equipment, mechanical packages and fluid pumping systems using both natural and HFC refrigerants for ease of installation and commissioning.
We currently have a permanent opportunity for a Senior Sales Engineer, reporting to the Manufacturing Sales Manager. Berg sales engineers win business by working collaboratively with clients to develop custom-engineered refrigeration solutions that meet their technical, financial, and environmental priorities. This position is in our Toronto, ON head office and manufacturing facility.
If you love to design from first principles, are entrepreneurial, want to contribute to the success of a growth focused company, and a team player that thrives on challenges in a fun, fast paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
Project Design & Optimization
- Designs Cooling Systems with their Engineering knowledge
- Communicates with vendors (existing and potential)
- Conducts cost estimations
- Writes technical proposals
- Monitors and meets sales goals outlined in the sales strategy
- Keeps track of projects and takes necessary actions to ensure successful completion of project through internal processes (deposit invoicing, engineering, purchasing, procurement, fabrication, testing, shipment invoicing, shipping, installation, commissioning, final invoicing, follow ups)
- Updates lead/quoting progress as well as client information and forecasting into CRM system
- Conducts site visits and communicates with customers regarding qualification of requests
- Carries sales through from the initial step of asking the right questions to closing the sale and following up with assigned accounts
- Gathers information about project needs, decision making processes and competition evaluations
- Maintains existing customer relationships, continues business opportunities, and investigates further opportunities
- Meets with new potential customers and works to form new relationships
- Effectively uses project design skills to provide clients with customized solutions
- Manages the customer relations throughout the implementation of the project
- Problem solves and troubleshoots project issues and contacts the appropriate technical support when needed
Business Development Strategy
- Attends trade shows, vendor events, off-site functions, client meetings, and other networking opportunities
- Seizes opportunities to reach out to new potential customers or re-connect with warm connections
- Collaborates with the Sales Manager, General Manager and Owner to develop and modify sales strategy to continuously grow the pipeline for Berg business
- Brainstorms ideas and concepts on how to better service potential clients
- Maintains in-depth industry knowledge and remains up to date with market trends
- Positively contributes toward the goals and targets of Berg Chilling Systems. Continuously improving on product knowledge, product codes, pricing, and product applications/uses
- Attends relevant training sessions to keep up with product knowledge
- Shares product, applications, sales, and marketing knowledge with team members through huddles and presentations
* All other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Engineering degree considered a must. Focus on fluid, thermal dynamics, and refrigeration an asset
- 5+ years of Account Management/Sales experience in similar industry
- Industrial refrigeration capital project sales experience a must
- Experience managing projects considered an asset
- Strong knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Windows applications
- Experience with AutoCAD considered an asset
- Experience using a CRM system
- Ability to communicate effectively to all levels of contacts, both verbally and in writing. Effective presentation skills
- Superior relationship management abilities with a focus on establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with employees and clients
- Ability to effectively manage multiple competing priorities with a sense of urgency to meet deadlines
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to solve problems
- Able to maintain cooperative working relationships with all levels of management
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Highly motivated individual who takes initiatives
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Berg Chilling Systems, we welcome diversity and the synergy stemming from all perspectives as a result of different backgrounds and experiences. We provide respect and equal employment opportunities for all Company individuals and applicants for positions regardless of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, record of offences, marital status, same-sex partnership status, family status and disability.
Thank you for your interest in Berg Chilling Systems, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.