Berg Chilling Systems designs, manufacturers, installs and services custom industrial thermal process control systems for a broad range of industries and specialized applications around the world. For more than 45 years, Berg continues to satisfy customers with 5,000 chilling systems in more than 30 industries across 50 countries.
From our Toronto based facility, we design, manufacture, test and integrate skid mounted process refrigeration equipment, mechanical packages and fluid pumping systems using both natural and HFC refrigerants for ease of installation and commissioning.
We currently have a permanent opportunity for a Project Manger, reporting to the Sales Manager. The Project Manager (PM) is the primary point-person responsible for planning, executing, and delivering projects on time, within budget, and in accordance to quality standards and specifications. To achieve these important goals, the PM will assist sales to develop project requirements, plan the required resources, and resolve technical issues. Also, the PM will assist our sales team in developing quotations, documentation review, obtaining quotes from suppliers, and other related operations as required. In addition, there will be an opportunity for the PM to have rotations working in production planning and management, procurement, and quality assurance. This position is in our Toronto, ON head office and manufacturing facility.
If you are entrepreneurial, want to contribute to the success of a growth focused company, and a team player that thrives on challenges in a fun, fast paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
- Internal project lead, providing technical and management support throughout the project, from estimation through to design, manufacturing and delivery
- Manage the lifecycles of various company’s projects from concept, award of an order, through to completion
- Plan all project timelines, milestones, and deliverables, using the appropriate tools and project management methods
- Provide regular progress updates to management and or clients as requiredTrack all project costs to ensure completion within budget
- Track project through from sales hand-off through to completion, recording and monitoring major milestones and resolving issues to avoid cost overruns, or shipment delays
- Identify and assist to resolve technical issues and conflict
- Perform cost control & analysis during and after project completion
- Perform required planning and expediting to ensure projects are completed on time, within budget, and to client P.O. quality requirements
- Assist production and engineering department with technical issues regarding customer project specifications related to fabrication, welding, and assembly
- Assist in developing quotations/project tenders from client RFQ’s as required
- Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will:
- Have an engineering degree, preferably Mechanical Engineering, with 1-3 years of experience in manufacturing engineering
- Be a Certified Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Be knowledgeable in using SOLIDWORKS to assist in the development of fabrication drawings and details
- Have experience in industrial refrigeration
- Have some fundamental training in general business concepts such as budgeting, sales, negotiation, goal setting, and profit and loss
- Have excellent oral & written communication skills
- Have the ability to work effectively both independently, as well as closely with customers, inspectors, and shop trades in a small team environment
Thank you for your interest in Berg Chilling Systems. Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Project Manager Position”. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.